WHAT IS COVERED BY THIS STATEMENT
This Online Privacy Statement describes how Card Programs International Limited ("CPI") collects information when you:
- access sites or use mobile applications that link to this Statement;
- open and respond to our e-mails; or
- visit any page online that displays our ads or content.It does not apply to the collection of information in any way other than as listed above. It also does not apply to sites that do not link to this Statement, which have their own privacy statements.This Statement also explains how CPI (or our vendors) uses and shares this information, sometimes combined with information from other sources, and what choices you have in managing your privacy.
All Internet sites have the ability to collect information about you. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of every site you visit.
HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION?
Sometimes you give information directly to us (or our vendors). For example, when you:- fill out an online application;
- register or log into your account;
- book travel online;
- make purchases on our sites; or
- provide location information from your mobile device.Sometimes we (or our vendors) collect information through cookies or other web technologies. For example, we may record information:
- about your operating system, browser version, IP Address and mobile device;
- on our sites about the web pages that you view, information you search for etc;
- about which ads or web content from us or our Business Partners you click to or view on our sites or on third-party sites; and
- when you open our e-mails or click on any of their links.
HOW DO WE USE INFORMATION?
We (or our vendors) use information covered by this Statement, sometimes combined with information from other sources, in the following ways:- To deliver products and services. For example, to:
- recognize you when you return to our sites;
- complete transactions;
- process applications;
- tell you about updates to your accounts, products, and services;
- answer questions and respond to your requests; and
- make our sites easier to use.
- To advertise and market our products and services, and those of our Business Partners. For example, to:
- present targeted ads
o on this and other sites,
o in e-mail,
o in direct mail, and
o through telemarketing;- analyze the effectiveness of ads; and
- determine whether you would be interested in new products or services.
- To conduct research and analysis. For example, to:
- analyze data to prevent fraud and better understand our customers and site visitors; and
- produce data analytics and reports containing only Non-Personal Information that we share with our Business Partners, as discussed in "How Do We Share Information?"
- As otherwise required or permitted by law or with your consent.
HOW DO WE SHARE INFORMATION?
In keeping with CPI policy, we do not share Personal Information with anyone, except as described below.We may share Personal Information as required or permitted by law:
- to report or seek information about your credit, and to report or collect on debts owed;
- to comply with legal orders and government requests;
- to combat fraud or criminal activity, and to protect the rights of CPI or others;
- within the CPI Family of Companies;
- with vendors (who are required to safeguard Personal Information) that help us operate our business;
- with financial institutions, Cobrand Partners, and other Business Partners with whom we jointly offer products and services (but they may not use this information to independently market their own products or services to you unless you have consented);
- with a purchaser of any of the CPI Family of Companies (or their assets); or
- with your consent.We may share Non-Personal Information:
- for the same reasons as we might share Personal Information;
- with Business Partners for their own analysis and research or to facilitate targeted content and ads; or
- with Third-Party Ad-Servers to place our ads and/or ads of our Business Partners on our sites and on third-party sites, and to analyze the effectiveness of those ads.
WHAT ARE YOUR CHOICES?
You may tell us to stop sending you marketing information. We will still communicate with you in connection with servicing your account, fulfilling your request, or administering any promotion or any program in which you may have elected to participate. Materials we send you may still include some offers or promotions. It may take some time for us to process your request, consistent with applicable law.
WHAT OTHER CHOICES DO YOU HAVE?
Most computer systems and browsers offer their own privacy settings. We encourage you to use them to enhance your choices. Most browsers' advanced settings allow you to disable cookies. However, if you do so, some site features and services may not work. For example, your browser must accept cookies for certain privacy choices to work. Also, you must manage your cookie settings for each computer and browser you use to access the Internet.
How can you update your Personal Information?
Cardholders can log into their Card accounts at www.globaltravelwallet.com to correct or update their Personal Information. They can also call the number on the back of their Card. Non cardholders can call the Card Services number associated with their product.
How do we keep your Personal Information safe and secure? We use reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect your Personal Information. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings. Please do not send us any Personal Information through unsecured channels, including e-mail or social media sites.
Do we transfer Personal Information to other countries? We may transfer Personal Information to other countries, for example, for customer service or to process transactions. Regardless of where we transfer your information, we still protect your information in the manner described above.
Children under 13 - Our sites are not for children under 13 years old. We do not knowingly solicit data online from, or market online to, children under 13. If we knowingly receive a child's Personal Information, we will delete it from our systems.
Can this Statement change?
We may change this Statement at any time. Changes are effective when we post them on this site.Questions About this Statement? If you have questions about this Online Privacy Statement, call +250-788-38-4000.
GlobalTravelWallet (We, Our, Us) – Card Programs International Limited (CPI), and/or GlobalTravelWallet Related Services.
GlobalTravelWallet Family of Companies – Card Programs International Limited and any other company owned and/or controlled by Card Programs International Limited.
Business Partners - any third parties with which we conduct business and have a contractual relationship such as businesses that accept GlobalTravelWallet. Business Partners typically are not Vendors.
Clickstream Data - usage and browsing information, such as a user's page viewing history and clicks on items within a website, usually stored in log files.
Co-brand Partners - companies we partner with to offer Cards featuring both brand logos.
Cookie - a small data file placed on your hard drive. Cookies help us keep records, store your preferences, and improve our advertising.
IP Address - a number assigned to a device when connecting to the Internet.
Non-Personal Information - information that cannot identify a person such as Cookie data. It may be derived from Personal Information, so long as all Personal Information has been removed.
Other Sources - GlobalTravelWallet internal information (Card transaction data, for example), external data used by financial companies to process applications and complete transactions, and other online and offline information legally obtained and outside the scope of this Statement at the time of collection.
Other Web Technologies - web beacons, pixels, and other technologies, which transfer information from your computer to a server connected to the Internet.
Personal Information - information that can identify a person, such as name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address.
Targeted Advertising - Ads We, or our Vendors, display on websites outside the GlobalTravelWallet Family of Companies based on the preferences or interests inferred from data collected from a particular computer or device regarding Web viewing behaviors over time and across different websites.
Third-Party Ad-Servers - companies that provide the technology to place ads on websites and track ad performance.
Vendor - any third party that performs business operations on behalf of CPI, such as printing, mailing, and other communications services (e-mail, direct mail, etc), marketing, data processing, servicing, collections, or ad management. Vendors typically are not Business Partners.